Monday, March 31, 2008

Travel Adventures with Cliff and Jen


So I have an upcoming work trip to Hawaii. [Please, dry your tears. It's a hardship, but I'm willing to suck it up and take one for the team.] Cliff (TH) will be joining me for part of the trip. I have the day off today, and I'm just settling down for a long morning of DOING-ABSO-BLOOMING-LUTELY-NOTHING when he calls with some interesting news. Apparently Aloha Airlines is going out of business as of today. And what is our airline for our return flight? Why, yes, however did you guess - Aloha Airlines. So we scramble around and get TH on a new return flight, and I call the travel agent who's arranging my flights. We have to pay an extra $200 because the flights are a different cost than the original, and there's no arrangement between Aloha and other airlines to honor previous prices. Good times!! And another story to add to our travel adventures. If this keeps up, I'll have to write a book. Aahh, the cost of travel. Yup, it's tough to be us.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

You two are going to have so much fun, even if you are there for work. I'm jealous! I hope Leopold's looking forward to seeing me. :)

Emily said...

What a fun trip, but talk about luck. And what really happened with Aloha that they stopped service so suddenly?