Sunday, September 30, 2007
However, the paint colors are gorgeous. Pictures to follow, when I can find my camera again.
Saturday, September 22, 2007
1) All the mature trees outside our windows. It's so nice to see green - I feel like I live in a treehouse.
2) The swimming pool.
3) The weight room.
4) Friendly neighbors.
5) Being able to call management when the drains are clogged, filters need changing, etc.
6) The green common area with barbecues and picnic tables.
Well, we gave it our best shot!
Friday, September 21, 2007
1) It's old. Things keep breaking down or not working. Yes, I realize this could happen in a new home, too, but...there's been 30 years of home-building technology since our apartments were built. That's gotta count for something.
2) Doing laundry in the laundry room.
3) Cheap carpet.
4) Sharing walls with the breezeway, and hearing everyone walk or run by.
5) Parking garage.
6) Slow elevator (see also #1).
7) Doing laundry in the laundry room.
8) Revelers who decide to party on Thursday at 3 am.
9) Smokers whose cigarette smoke wafts in regularly, every day, at half hour increments. We've identified at least 3 different smokers by their scents.
10) A crappy oven.
11) Popcorn ceiling.
12) Shower doors and the yucky stuff that grows in the door runners.
13) Metal mini-blinds.
14) The lack of trick-or-treaters. Although the complex has lots of families, no one goes trick-or-treating. It's very sad.
15) Kids who pee in the pool.
16a) Paying rent.
16b) Rent increases every year.
17) Doing laundry in the laundry room.
18) One toilet.
19) Hearing our neighbors. Um, enough said.
20) Dealing with apartment management.
And did we mention doing laundry in the laundry room??
Thursday, September 20, 2007
It's official - we signed our lives away on Tuesday. We finished our mortgage paperwork and loan documents. And then Wednesday, the interest rates drop. Figures.
But, our place is beautiful!! We went over there last weekend and the carpet is in. It's so soft and clean...not like our current worn apartment stuff. One week till escrow closes and we get our keys! I feel alternately excited and sick. Meanwhile, we keep packing. Still throwing out a bunch of stuff, recycling old papers, and putting stuff in the freecycle pile. I'm so sick of sorting, and packing.
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Thursday, September 6, 2007
Little gems you may have forgotten.
By the Editors of Men's Health
1. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Even when there's not a prize in the bottom of the box.
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Sunday, September 2, 2007
Any tips for making a smooth transition? I'll take all the help I can get. Oh, and if anyone's free to help paint, let me know!