Thursday, January 31, 2008
And this is the last set of pictures from our trip that I'll post to the blog. (Sigh.) Time to move on! Live in the now! On to the adventure of life!
Monday, January 28, 2008
TH is working the Weight Watchers for men, online, and has lost about 12 pounds so far. Go baby go!! So he requested a healthy bake night. These scones are only 2 points each.
Oh, my, they are light and fluffy and delicious.
Something British to go with the scones.
Here's to good health!
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Most of my pictures from Tortola are on a waterproof, non-digital camera. But, I can say that it was a gorgeous, hot, sunny day on the water. We learned about the mangrove tree. Pretty amazing. This tree is incredibly adaptive, and if it doesn't take root, it will set itself free on the waves and get washed to another island. (Just one more reason I believe there must be a Creator.) We also snorkeled and saw some pretty cool fish, including possibly a stonefish or scorpion fish. Reports seem to vary whether stonefish are found in the Caribbean or not. Either way, it was a cool fish.
The next day we docked at Casa de Campo, on the Isla Hispaniola (Dominican Republic). This was not the best stop, because once you got off the ship, you had to take a shuttle or taxi to get anywhere. But we had a shore tour on the River Chavon, so we were set.
Breakfast, via room service. (The croissants are not as good as in France. They never are - is there something in the French water??)
Our cheesy amphibious vehicle tour! Excellent.
The river is beautiful.
Cuba libres for everyone!! Bleagh - cheap rum, cheap cola. Ours got "accidentally"dumped overboard. (But we saved the cups for proper disposal. Natch.)
Let's get the tourists tipsy on cheap rum and coke, then make them dance to impossibly fast merengue. Who am I to say no to a merengue? Good times!!
I love how relaxed I look in this picture. I don't allow myself to have this kind of fun except on vacation. Why is that? There was something so delicious in just letting loose and boogying.
Adios, Rio Chavon!
Friday, January 25, 2008
In no particular order:
2. Tonight for dinner TH is making cheeseburgers and french fries.
3. I'm spending some quality time with Clinton and Stacy tonight.
4. Missing Camera Quest:
Yes, Virginia, there are still good people in the world.
4. My husband saved a baby's life today. He's my hero.
5. My day consisted of an awesome unit development day, and I spent it truly appreciating my job and coworkers, all of whom work so hard to serve people in ways that really matter.
6. We're planning future exciting vacations. Even though they are years away, I love the planning as much as the doing.
7. My photos from the Caribbean trip are here. I love the ease of digital, but ther's nothing like holding your pictures. I can't wait to start working on the scrapbook!!
Yup, today is as good as they come.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Well, the orange-ginger-cream filling looks good.
I guess they're not too bad, after all!
A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE . . . enough money within her control to move out and rent a place of her own, even if she never wants to or needs to .
A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE . . .something perfect to wear if the employer, or date of her dreams wants to see her in an hour .
A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE . . . a youth she's content to leave behind .
A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE . . . a past juicy enough that she's looking forward to retelling it in her old age .
A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE . . . a set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra .
A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE . . . one friend who always makes her laugh, and one who lets her cry .
A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE . . . a good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in her family .
A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE . . .eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems, and a recipe for a meal, that will make her guests feel honored .
A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE . . .a feeling of control over her destiny .
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW . . .How to fall in love without losing herself .
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW . . .How to quit a job,
break up with a lover, and confront a friend without ruining the friendship .
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW . . .When to try harder and when to walk away.
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW . . .that she can't change the length of her calves, the width of her hips, or the nature of her parents .
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW . . .that her childhood may not have been perfect, but its over .
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW . . .What she would and wouldn't do for love or more .
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW . . .How to live alone -- even if she doesn't like it .
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW . . . Whom she can trust, Whom she can't, and why she shouldn't take it personally .
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW . . .Where to go . . . be it to her best friend's kitchen table . . . or a charming inn in the woods . . . When her soul needs soothing .
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW . . .What she can and can't accomplish in a day . . . a month . . .and a year .
Love to the women in my life!!
Saturday, January 19, 2008
More pictures of the fortresses will come later.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
2 oz. Dark Rum
2 oz. Orange Juice
2 oz. Pineapple Juice
1/2 oz. Lime Juice
Orange Slice & Cherry for garnish
Combine 3 juices and Rum in a shaker with ice. Shake well, and strain into an ice filled Collins glass. Top with grenadine. Garnish with an Orange slice and a Maraschino Cherry.
More pics and stories to come.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
1. Who names their little precious baby girl "Temptress?" It's like a bad porn star name.
2. When did shouting = singing?
3. WTF is up with Alexis (she of the weird sparkly look)? Simon was actually polite to her and she freaked out. Next, she says, she is going to try "actressing." Um, OK.
4. Does anyone sing straight anymore? I mean why, why, why do people need to sing all over the map? I realize this makes me sound really old, but...come on.
5. Why do the worst singers have the most confidence?
6. How creepy was the stalker song? Am I the only one who wasn't laughing?
7. Chest hair is nasty. Period.
(Back to more travel pics tomorrow.)