Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thank God Lent is over


Probably this is not the most mature response to the period of self-reflection that is Lent. However, I've had my eye on these cool-looking books from amazon.com and it was all I could do not to just...put...them...in-my-amazon-shopping-cart-it-doesn't-really-count-right-until-I-hit-the-order-button. But! I restrained myself. Until Easter Sunday, when I promptly sat down and ordered the suckers.


I'm pretty sure it's OK to not be mature all the time.

For the record, I still have 12 books waiting for me to read, from my collection before Lent started. I think this is about half of what I started with. Yet, I still feel the urge to buy books everytime I see a bookstore. I guess there's still some work to be done. Mmm. Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I remember in graduate school in Chicago feeling quite depressed once, I went to a bookstore and bought about $25 worth of books..... which at the time was a lot of books. A whole arm load. I came back to my dorm and felt a whole lot better. Hmmm. Something about the written word.