Saturday, March 8, 2008

Horoscopes


I don't generally go for horoscopes, but I like to read them. I find them either absurdly generic: "Try not to offend anyone today." Or, random: "The stars predict an increase in the intensity of your emotional life." Occasionally, I'll find one that I like. Here's an example.

"It's time you acknowledged that you are a miraculous work of art, a masterpiece unlike any other ever created. I'm not pandering to your egotism by telling you that. When I say, "Be yourself," I don't mean the self that wants to win every game and use up every resource and stand alone at the end of history on top of a Mt. Everest-sized pile of pretty garbage. When I say, "Be yourself, " I mean the self that says thank you to the wild irises and the windy rain and the people who grow your food. I mean the self who's joyfully struggling to germinate the seeds of love and beauty that are packed inside every moment. I mean the spiritual freedom fighter who's scrambling and finagling and conspiring to shower all of your fellow messiahs with your best blessings."
-- Rob Breszny, as printed in SN&R 3/6/08

Cool, huh?

Plus, any horoscope that can use the word "finagling" successfully, deserves some props.

No comments: