Saturday, August 2, 2008

Life's lemons

While working outside on the completely innocuous task of watering plants, suddenly - in less time than it takes to type about it, and pretty much simultaneously - I did the following: a) tweaked my ankle, b) fell to the ground, and c) thought, "oh shit."

Yes, I now have a twisted ankle. It's wrapped up in an ace bandage, I've swallowed a probably-unhealthy amount of ibruprofen (the wonder drug), and I'm ticked off because now I can't start my running routine as planned. I'm not sure yet what kind of lemonade I'll be making from these lemons.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry to hear that! Just remember to keep it elevated and keep the ice on it. I hope you feel better soon!

Dave said...

Yeah, once when Tomoko wanted me to go with her to the YMCA, I had a similar accident. Sorry honey!

Emily said...

I'm so sorry! TH better be spoiling you. ;)