Monday, August 11, 2008

I have NEVER been so scared.

Yesterday there was a really, really bad fire in the homes across from ours. We were awakened at 6:00 am and evacuated shortly after, by the police. I threw on a bathrobe and only had time to grab my purse and cell phone. Cliff tried to find the cat, but we had to evacuate without him.

WE ARE OK. Thank God!!

OUR HOUSE IS OK. Thank God!!

LEOPOLD IS OK. Thank God!!

There was minimal damage to our house - a cracked window, some melted weatherstripping, and our bludgeoned front door - the firefighters broke it in to be sure we had evacuated. We don't have internet at home so I'm typing this at work...and may not be able to respond to emails and post comments.

It could have been SO MUCH WORSE.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're all okay. Very scary stuff.

And it could have been much much worse...

After college, I lived in an apartment in SF that caught fire one night. We lost most of our belongings. No one was hurt. And most of us had no renters insurance either. These experiences only make us stronger, right?