Thursday, January 14, 2010

Don't keep waiting to live

Out for a walk on a gloriously mild winter day, I came alive. Everyday magic buzzed through and around me; you know the kind I mean. The wind in my hair. The sun on my face and in my eyes and bouncing off the river water. My wonderfully swingy earrings. My scarf with the fringe that floated behind me. Coyote, who peeped his head over the wild green grasses of the levee. Songs on my iPod that remind me of my sass and power and beauty and strength and connection with women everywhere.

The thing is, these moments happen every day. How many have I missed because I'm waiting for something - for my workday to be over, for the weekend, for after I've run my errands and cleaned my house and folded the laundry, for summer, for Christmas, for vacation, for...? This year I don't want to wait. I want to live in as many magical everyday moments as possible.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Wow, that's awesome - and you are totally right. I tend to spend time looking forward to the next thing instead of paying attention to what's happening now, and I miss out on a lot. Thanks for the reminder.