Monday, November 30, 2009

Realization*

* the kind that hits at 4:00 am, when you're awake after you got up to pee, and before you fall back asleep.

Know what I realized? I'm not really interested in whipping-my-butt-into-shape anymore. I'm happy with my run/walk technique of finishing 5K races. I like going for a brief mile or two, then coming back home. I'm tired of "whipping-my-butt" and pressuring myself to reach some outwardly created goal of running 3.1 miles in one stretch, when I've already reached the most important, inwardly created ones, which are to: participate in fun runs again, feel more balanced, invest in my own health, and be stronger.

Needless to say, this was a fairly obvious, yet elusive realization. Have you been struck lately by anything you want to change?

No comments: