- In another life, I would love to work for the FBI or another law enforcement agency as a behavioral profiler. When I was about 13 years old, my family and I took an extended vacation on the east coast. Officially it was the historical tour; unofficially it was the hysterical tour. Lots of great family stories in that time period...I'll have to blog that one later. But I digress. One of the things we did was visit the FBI and take a tour. I was fascinated by the forensics lab, the idea of behavioral analysis, and the combination of this stuff with law enforcement. Right then and there I decided I wanted to work for the FBI someday. I'm not really sure when that decision fell away, but every now and then I still wish I was a badass profiler and catcher-of-bad-guys.
- In another life, I would like to be a dancer/performer on Broadway. I don't really know that this needs a lot of explanation for those in my family, but in case I have any lurkers, I'll explain this a little. Since I was knee-high to a grasshopper, I've loved music, movement, and Broadway show tunes. I loved to perform in my ballet recitals, school plays, etc. I still love dance movies, shows, and live theater. I decided in college that I didn't want to spend my life fighting for parts, waiting tables in the meantime, and dealing with the lack of security and constant rejection that seems to come with being a performer. Ah well, I can still be a star in my own mind.
- In another life, I would like to be a translator/interpreter. I love language and learning new languages comes fairly easily to me (although I'm not fluent in anything besides English). I think it would be amazing to know another language inside and out, and assist others in communicating. And, who am I kidding, I would love to eavesdrop in another language. It's still one of my life goals to learn another language.
- In another life, I would like to work in publishing.
- In another life, I would like to work in a small bookstore/cafe.
What would you do, in another life?