Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Vacation, all I ever wanted...



Just back from a short trip to the east coast to see my old college BFF and her family, who live in Salem, MA.


This is a BFF who I can call, any time, and we pick up the conversation as if we never stopped talking. It can be a two minute check-in, or a one hour fill-in; a quick "hello" or a long "OMG, you would not believe...." From family to friends, to husbands to life goals - no topic is safe from us.


We like the same things - wandering the streets, antique-store cruising, eating, reading....


One of the best parts of the trip was meeting Levi. Levi joined my friend's family last fall, after years of prayers, and lots of agony. He is a great little guy.

With me, she gets an excuse to play tourist and try funky little cafes and new restaurants.

We're on vacation together! Which means beer to go with our seafood. And onion rings as well as french fries.

We had time for a road trip to Concord, where the wandering, eating, and talking continued.
How yummy does this look? It was a work of art. I should have asked for the recipe, but I doubt these crusty New Englanders would've given it to me.

Levi and I got along just fine. I can't wait to watch him grow up. And I can't wait for our next visit!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Levi is ADORABLE!