Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Itchy Feet

Every now and then I find myself with "itchy feet" - the urge to travel, or at least, the urge to get away from the commonplace in my life. The semester is grinding away into its last weeks, and we're all ready for a break around here.

As a prequel of summer heat sweeps across the valley, I've been especially feeling the travel bug. I crave the fog and cool air of the ocean. Any coastal view will do, but my heart cries for Monterey or Gualala.

But while a trip to the coast isn't quite possible at this time, I am looking forward to some summer jaunts. In June I fly to Boston to see my old college roomie and her gorgeous baby. In July I travel to Louisville for a conference. While there, hopefully I'll get to see my step-daughter and her kids.

Where are your feet itching to go?

No comments: