Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Operation Whip-My-Butt-Into-Shape Update

I finally stepped up the workouts today - I've moved into Week 2 of the Couch to 5K plan. In reality, this is week three? Four?* But I haven't felt strong enough or ready to move forward. Today I felt strong, limber, and smooth. I loved my workout. The only thing is, they've closed the track at work. So I had to run on the bike trail. I thought this would be a problem, until I noticed how much more interesting it is to run on a trail than on a track. The scenery on the bike trail is beautiful this time of year. And I actually felt like I was going somewhere, instead of hamster-wheelin'. On the other hand, the track is much more friendly to my feet. Crunchy asphalt is a little dangerous.

All things considered, today was a great workout.


*I had to scroll back to old posts...but I started on October 15.

1 comment:

African Kelli said...

Woo hoo! You are awesome. These goals are accomplished by the small steps, not the giant leaps. You are going to get there before you know it. Just keep moving in the right direction.