Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Always look on the bright side

Last night, Insomnia paid me a visit. Again. Call it the gift of shifting hormones and an overactive imagination. But instead of lying in bed frustrated that I couldn't sleep, I tried to see the gift in it. I listened to the rain beat down, to TH's steady breathing, to the cat purring. I tried to enjoy the sensation of snuggling in the warm bed, knowing outside was cold and dark and wet. It seemed to work.

How can you look on the bright side?

1 comment:

The Womb Warrior said...

Love this! I've been trying to do the same thing when I find myself awake at odd hours. I can't think of precisely what else I do, but I have a natural instinct to find the silver lining in every problem. It's like, I just can't let something be ALL bad.