Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Like riding a bike. Or getting back on the horse.

or, How I Started Running Again

I just did it.

Two of my coworkers mentioned on Monday that they planned to hit the track at lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This turned out to be just the kick in the pants I needed to Start Running Again. It's been several months, due to the heat of summer (which lasts from late April to late October, usually). And I was skeptical that I would even have any energy or zest left for running. It just seemed like a big ordeal to Start Running Again.

But I turned to the trusty Couch-to-5K Plan, hauled tush out to the track, and Started Running Again. And it was easier than I expected. Thankfully. So now I can relax and run, and enjoy what I've always enjoyed about running - the outdoors, working out, feeling strong, and knowing I am doing something good for my body.

What have you started over with this year?

No comments: