Thursday, December 20, 2007

Dreams fulfilled

Last night, we hosted my work Holiday party. This is a dream fulfilled for me. I love having people over, and although I'm not a Martha Stewart- type (not that there's anything wrong with that), I've always wanted a home that could host a gathering.

Among the highlights of last night:
- Undercooked bean soup (told you I'm not Martha!)
- Wonderful aromas from hot cider, cinnamon candles, and the real pine tree
- Lots of yummy potluck food
- The aforementioned candles catching a napkin on fire, causing smoke alarms on all three floors to go off simultaneously.
- Gift exchange, where at least three people brought movie/video store gift cards. Do we all work together and think alike, or what?!

Good times!

May your holiday gatherings be as festive, fun, and full as ours have been!

No comments: