Last night, we hosted my work Holiday party. This is a dream fulfilled for me. I love having people over, and although I'm not a Martha Stewart- type (not that there's anything wrong with that), I've always wanted a home that could host a gathering.
Among the highlights of last night:
- Undercooked bean soup (told you I'm not Martha!)
- Wonderful aromas from hot cider, cinnamon candles, and the real pine tree
- Lots of yummy potluck food
- The aforementioned candles catching a napkin on fire, causing smoke alarms on all three floors to go off simultaneously.
- Gift exchange, where at least three people brought movie/video store gift cards. Do we all work together and think alike, or what?!
May your holiday gatherings be as festive, fun, and full as ours have been!