Monday, November 12, 2007

Monday Night = Bake Night

I hereby proclaim Monday Nights to be Bake Nights. To take (ahem) a page from her book, I'm copycatting Kelli and Emily in blogging about good food. I love baking, but I never seemed to get around to it ever since grad school. Well, grad school is long over, and it's getting on towards winter, and dark cold nights lend themselves to warm kitchens. Plus, we have a lovely new kitchen and oven to use!! So no more excuses. Time to try all those recipes I've torn out of magazines for years.



Tonight's inaugural recipe: Double Banana Pound Cake, from Cooking Light magazine (several issues ago). I had the overripe bananas on hand, and wanted to do something other than banana bread. This sounded good. The double-banana part is because the recipe calls for mashed bananas AND banana liqueur. Being short of the liqueur, I chose to use rum instead. I'm pretty sure this is a valid substitution; we'll see. If you want the recipe, let me know!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh my...this sounds AMAZING. Too bad my oven is too small.