Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The Good:

  • Realizing that I am only 2 and a half weeks away from a mini-vacation to see one of my best friends.
  • Eating the chocolate doughnut that my coworker brought me. Having a co-worker that knows what I need to be cheered up.
  • Gaining much-needed insight into my current mental state.
  • Finding an online-streaming radio station that plays jazz.

The Bad:

  • Feeling a little overwhelmed, and knowing it's still 2 and a half weeks until my mini-vacation.
  • Sore muscles from possibly overdoing the exercise in the last two days.

The Ugly:

  • Having a student imply that I have not done my job properly. Knowing this is not true, and having no way to defend myself.
  • Dry heaves after my morning run.

All of the above:

  • Realizing how much I still need to work on to become the person I want to be.

2 comments:

Anita C. McCants said...

The Ugly...

There must be some kind of way to
get that student to see that you've
done your job properly. Maybe
the student will realize it later.

As for the dry heaves...

By now it's probably gone.

As for not yet the person you
want to be...

We will always be a work in
progress.

Now, no more ugly :~)

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Anita! :)